javascript:void(0)

Monday, May 7, 2012

More "Clean and Simple" scrapbook pages

Today I'm sharing a couple more layouts that I created for Creating Keepsakes' Simple Scrapbooks issue.  Going "Clean and Simple" is a little bit of a challenge for me.  I have to resist the urge to put more "stuff" and layers on my pages.  But I do like to play with different styles from time to time, so I enjoyed stepping out of my box and creating layouts that were a little different for me.  

This first layout was for an article about using a limited number of supplies -- same as the two page "Age of Innocence" layout I shared earlier (two blog posts down).  Part of the challenge was that I couldn't use any  patterned paper on this layouts.  I made up for the lack of patterned paper by using textured cardstock and colorful premade embellishments.




This next layout was created for an article about scraplifting.  I was given a layout made by the very talented Suzy Plantamura, and I was asked to simplify her layout.  Suzy had made a very lush pool-themed layout with a large wave behind the photos.  This was my simplified version:




Hope your day is "simply" wonderful!

8 comments:

Tracee said...

Beautiful layouts Love your big waves! Tx

LyndaKay said...

Terrific LOs!

Unknown said...

wish i could scrapbook with you. i could learn so much! love your style. just gorgeous.

Romy said...

Your both layouts are so eye-catching! Totally love them both!

Patricia said...

fabulous.. fabulous... fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous layout designs!!! You are so talented, my friend!!!

Rebecca said...

I don't know why you say this style is difficult for you - you do it so well and make it look easy. Love these pages!

Patricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.