javascript:void(0)

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Creating Keepsakes February cover layout plus a downloadable dog template . . .

I was honored to be asked to create the cover layout for the February 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes:


Here's a close-up of the layout:
As seen on the cover of the February 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes.  Copyright Creative Crafts Group.  Posted with prior permission from the publisher. 

Some people have asked me about the boy on the cover.  No, that's not my son (nor my puppy).  But they sure are cute, aren't they?!  I've also been asked about the paper pieced dog peaking over the title strip.  I made it myself by simply sketching the shapes on cardstock and cutting them out.  Then I added ink, chalk and pen for the highlights and markings. And since some people have expressed an interest, I created a template that you can download and print.  You can find my downloadable pattern on the Club CK blog: Doggie Die-Cut Template.

Tootles!!

 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha! seems we are pretty used to create with ready-to-use products :)))

congrats on the cover - the layout is too cute :)

Merian Candioli said...

Congrats, dear! You deserved it! Thanks for the template.

Beijos (Kisses)

Mel said...

Oh wow, I just loved the layout on the cover of the mag but so sorry I didn't realise neither of them belonged to you.....It looks so much more stunning seen as a close up. The paper pieced dog is so cute. I so wish I had a printer, would be perfect with my fur kid photos. Love to you. Melxx

Nathalie said...

What a beautiful layout, Stacy!
I don't know this magazine in France but it's a real pleasure to discover it in this way.
Best regards from France.

מימס mimms said...

MAZAL-TOV on your great cover LO
and thanks for the template!

liana suwandi said...

yay... congrats on the cover stacy!!!

mustikmonkeys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey, congrats on making the cover! Loving the vibrant colours on the cute layout:)

Kim Watson said...

Such a cute template. TFS! Lovely cover Stacy...so cute!

Malin said...

Congrats!!!!
and that dog is just to cute for words!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

That IS a great honour1 and you deserve all the attention. love your creations,. That template is super-cute.

Fabi Ormerod said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww congrats dear!!! told you so: you're my scrap inspiration ;) Im sooo proud of you,. You really rock gal!!! XX