javascript:void(0)

Friday, February 18, 2011

Catchin' Up . . .

Ahhhhhhh . . . sweet Friday.

Here's a Prima layout I did a while back.   The picture of my girls was taken at Claire's boutique.  For those of you who don't have a Claire's in your city, it's a chain of stores that sells thrinkets geared towards young girls -- costume jewelry, headbands, lip gloss, nail polish, hair clips, little stuffed animals, etc.  My girls LOVE Claire's and whenever we go to the mall they beg to go there.  When my parents are with us, they always give the girls a little spending money and let them pick out a thing or two.  Because Claire's is a big favorite of their's, I really wanted to take pictures of my girls shopping and do a layout.  But I quickly found out that Claires does NOT allow photography in their store, even if I'm only taking pictures of my children and not close-ups of their products.  I've actually been busted twice!  Shame on me.  I guess they are afraid that people might try and copy their products.  I did manage to get a couple pictures of my girls before I was told "no photos please," and I scrapped this page of them.  Hey, I figure it's good advertising for the store, right? 


I altered the Prima felt strip by first painting it with acrylic paint, then I coated it with Doodlebug's Lily White glitter (my "go to" glitter these days).


Have a fabulous weekend!!

10 comments:

Renee said...

Super cute! Glad you were able to get a picture...silly rules!

BabyBokChoy said...

You rule breaker you!!! LOL. My kids just don't wanna go shopping, but I suppose the day WILL come right? :) love your fantastic layout!

Muckyfingers said...

Your work is simply astounding. I catch my breath when I take a look at what you've created!

hilde janbroers said...

It's beautiful Stacy!!! wow!!!

Mel said...

Oh how gorgeous is this layout of the girls shopping, I appreciate you saying what sort of shop it is, this is a girl's dream, I love the fussy cutting you did, wow, you always inspire me. I love the Ck website blog, lots of inspiration there too. Love Melxx

Patricia said...

gorgeous layout...

Christiane said...

*sigh* your page is divine!!

btw, i haven't forgotten you but *lost* your mail!!
i'm sooo glad that your cutie is compatible with hubs!! :))

liana suwandi said...

really amazing layout!!!

Casey Wright said...

What a beautiful layout! I love all of the different and fun colors! I've been told a couple of different times that I couldn't take pictures too! Don't these people understand that we scrappers like to take pictures!!! Ugh! bwwwwaaaahhhh!

AGNESMOUN said...

It's wonderful !!! Congratulations...