javascript:void(0)

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Creating Keepsakes Style Swap

I'm a lean, mean, blogging machine this week!  That's another old TV show reference -- from the Gong Show.  Remember that one?  I must have old TV shows on my brain this week.    Anyhow, I've been blogging a lot because I'm trying to catch up on posting my older projects so that I can post some of the new stuff I've been creating for CHA.  I have a whole bunch of Prima projects to share.  The new Prima products are gorg-e-o-us!!!  There are too many sneaks to post here, but you can see some of the new flowers and other goodies on the Prima blog.  Make sure you scroll down to see all the sneaks that have been posted over the past couple of weeks.

Creating Keepsakes has a fun challenge in this month's issue.  A bunch of the Dream Team members were asked to swap styles with another Dream Team member.  My style is described as "Shabby Chic."  This layout is more typical of my normal shabby chic style, with lots of layers, flowers, lace, stitching or crocheting, etc.:

As seen in the October 2010 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher. 

I was asked to switch styles with CK Dream Team member Linda Barber, who is the queen of "Clean and Simple" pages.  All of her pages are eye-catching, well-designed and include heartfelt journaling.  I find "Clean and Simple" a lot more challenging than doing detailed pages, and they take me just as long.  That's because to achieve a really good "minimalistic" page, all of the basic elements -- design, photos and journaling -- really need to stand out.   Here was my attempt at a Clean and Simple page:

As seen in the January 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher. 

The journaling on this layout says:  My sweet Rebecca, there’s something you should know.  I will always be there for you.  As you get older and experience life’s ups and downs, you can come to me for encouragement and support.  I hope more than anything that your life is full of happiness, love, and success in whatever you do.  But in times when you falter or you’re feeling down, I will be there to lift you up. 

I had a lot of fun stepping outside of my box on this one.   Can you believe, there's not a single Prima flower in sight on this page??  That was the hardest part for me about going Clean and Simple.  So I challenge you to try stepping out of your box and scrapping in a style that's different for you.  Give it a try!!

I'm off to the LA Convention Center to drop off my projects for CHA.  I'll be there when the show opens in a couple days, so if you're going, I hope to see you!

9 comments:

Mel said...

Oh wow, you can just rock any style, wow, I love love the first layout and wow the second is super stunning and the journalling is just beautiful. Creating Keepsakes is my fave magazine although we get it one month later over here, but they are so lucky to have you. Melxx

hilde janbroers said...

gorgeous layouts!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Terrific pages!

Suzana said...

It seems that you can use any style and make beautiful layouts!

Vintage Precious said...

Love the tea party, the beach photo's are priceless.

Christiane said...

*sigh* you're one of the bests!!
have a nice weekend!!
xoxo

Melissa said...

I love the journalling on "I will Lift You Up"!

Stac said...

Stacy your work always makes me smile and wish I could be like you! Stunning! {{hugs}} to you my friend!

Elisabeth Helland said...

what an adorable LO, and the pictures are really gorgeous! thanks for sharing