javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I've been a bad blogger . . .

Shame on me . . . I've neglected my blog over the past week.  I've been a busy little bee.  We're starting a much-needed home renovation project in a couple weeks, so I've been running all over town trying to pick out materials.  And because I'm a very indecisive person (the understatement of the year), I tend to spend many hours (days, actually) researching every little decision.   Then I usually change my mind a few times before settling on my final choice.  But the good news is that once I make a decision, I'm always happy with it and I rarely look back.

My indecisiveness is the main reason why it takes me at least 2 or 3 nights to finish a single scrapbook page.   Should I use this paper or that one?  Should the flowers go here or there?  What color letters would look good?  You get the picture.

Here's a layout I created for the Shimmerz booth at CHA this past summer (yes, I'm behind on posting my stuff here).


I made the decorative background pattern by using a sheet of die-cut KI Memories paper as a mask with Razzle Dazzle Shimmerz Vibez:

I found the embroidered tulip applique at an estate sale. It was originally white, so I colored the petals with Pink Shimmerz and the stems with Peas-Be-Mine Pearlz.

I used a variety of Shimmerz products -- Sea Foam Spritz, Sea Monkey Spritz, and Wintergreen and Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz paint to color the flowers, which were cut from Glitz patterned paper.  I made the fabric flower and colored it with the new Pop Art Pink Vibez and Ruby Spritz. 


On another note, I'll have some very exciting news to share in a couple of days!  I've been bursting at the seams trying to keep this secret hush - hush, but soon I'll be able to shout it from the rooftops.  Stay tuned!

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love this LO....so pretty!!!

Can't wait to hear the news!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Let's see, CK dream team, that's my guess :)

Michelle said...

This is so pretty!!! I love all the shimmerz you used on here!! I don't feel so bad about my indecisiveness now!! I am the same way!! I can't wait to hear the great news!!! ;)

Keshet said...

ooh, oooh, I'm also guessing CK dream team:) Love this layout and good luck with the renovations!

liana suwandi said...

Lovely layout stacy, I would guess CK dream team :)

Keshet said...

Ha! I knew it! Congrats to you, my friend! Your work is beautiful and I can't wait to see it in CK all the time now:)

'Scrappin Tha Hybrid Way' said...

YOUR LO'S ARE BEAUTIFUL STACEY.CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR IMPROVEMENT JOB..

Monika said...

HI Stacy... I just found your blog and am loving it. I'm new into crocheting and was wondering if you have any tutorials for crocheting around paper. It looks fantastic. TIA

Happy New Year,,
Monika